Beyond the popular tourist attractions in Cape Town as well as the seemingly endless range of things to do in Cape Town, you will find few places in the world that can match the scenic diversity of South Africa’s Western Cape. This is when mountains meet up with the sea in scenes of dramatic contrast, and rows of vineyards stretch across valleys and hills. Through the Garden Route to the summit of Table Mountain, from the fishing villages across the West Coast towards the welcoming towns regarding the Karoo, the Western Cape is home to a staggering number of must-see attractions.
What You’ll Discover
- Explore the Western Cape to uncover world-class wines, unspoiled beaches, whale watching, contrasting landscapes (that change as dramatically as the elements), adventure activities, together with diverse ecosystems associated with the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, which meet at the southern tip of Africa. Regardless of the beautiful natural surrounds, you may soon find that the list of places of interest in Cape Town as well as the Western Cape extend far beyond the usual sun, sea and surf.
- With three incredible Sun International casinos and hotels conveniently positioned to offer you a wealth of things you can do in Cape Town, we’ll be sure you experience the best that this remarkable corner of South Africa has to offer.
Explore Cape Town’s Places Of Interest
- There are many reasoned explanations why Cape Town is Africa’s darling. With bragging rights to Table Mountain, its close proximity to Robben Island plus some of the greatest beaches in the field, Cape Town promises an unbeatable variety of activities. The list of activities to do in Cape Town is only limited by the duration of the stay along with your imagination.
- Situated from the V&A Waterfront, The Table Bay hotel enjoys the greatest address in Cape Town, and is perfectly positioned within easy reach of the most extremely popular tourist attractions in Cape Town. Not only does the central location provide for easy access to the best Western Cape activities, nevertheless the hotel offers you an extra transfer and tour service along with ideas and itineraries for activities to do in Cape Town.
- Whether it’s culinary delights during the finest restaurants and local eateries, luxury shopping or exploring Cape Town’s unique craft markets. Whether or not it’s a call to historical South African museums, a taste regarding the nightlife in trendy Camps Bay or even the views through the Table Mountain cableway, The Table Bay hotel offers both half-day and full-day luxury tours to give you the most effective experiences that Cape Town, plus the Western Cape, has to offer.
- Explore South Africa’s oldest city and experience its unique diverse cultures, spectacular architecture, historical sights and awe-inspiring scenery.
Top Activities To Do In Cape Town
- Spend per day exploring the V&A Waterfront. Probably one of the most popular shopping destinations in Africa, the V&A Waterfront is without question one of the most visited tourist attractions in Cape Town. The Table Bay is the only hotel with immediate access for this world-class shopping and leisure destination. Go to the Two Oceans Aquarium at the waterfront to explore our unique underwater ecosystems.
- Take a ferry over the bay to explore Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was once imprisoned. The guided tour through the prison will give you unique insight into a remarkable chapter of South Africa’s history. Whether you have got planned a quick trip or a leisurely vacation – this is probably the most historically significant locations in South Africa – and, therefore, one of several top tourist attractions in Cape Town.
- For history buffs who would like more, there is a whole menu of options to explore in Cape Town, from The Castle of Good Hope to the museums around the historic Company’s Gardens. Take a trip through the colourful neighbourhoods of Bo-Kaap and historic District 6.
- Catch the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway to the summit of Table Mountain for a few of South Africa’s most well-known views. Or follow one of the numerous hiking trails that lead through the hustle and bustle for the city through the Table Mountain National Park.
- Have a picnic during the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. This has to be on the variety of things you can do in Cape Town during the summer.
- Discover Cape Town’s culinary delights and eat at a few of South Africa’s best restaurants, including our personal Camissa, which serves up delectable fare by Executive Chef at The Table Bay, Jocelyn Myers-Adams. From hidden gems over the Constantia Wine Route like La Colombe, to inner-city gastronomical destinations just like the Test Kitchen, Cape Town is a food-lover’s paradise.
- Why don’t you be a part of the best foodie experience and carry on a Table Bay Food Foraging tour? This excellent guided adventure through the city will provide you with an insight to the abundance of food growing on our doorsteps. Plus, Executive Chef Jocelyn Myers-Adams will turn your foraged bounty into a gourmet feast, in your honour.
- Spend a single day at certainly one of Cape Town’s incredible beaches. There is a reason the beaches regarding the Mother City remain popular places of interest in Cape Town, year in year out for guests from about the whole world.
- If entertainment is what you’re after, why not check out GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World? Home to your only ice rink in Cape Town, as well as the biggest casino when you look at the Western Cape, you’re spoiled for choice at GrandWest. It is one of the most fun things to do in Cape Town when it rains.
- For top level Cape Town live entertainment acts that range between cabaret to international performers, GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World is where you wish to be.
Cape Town will be the jewel associated with Western Cape, but there are lots of places to explore within easy reach associated with city centre. In accordance with luxury tour services available as a guest of this Table Bay, exactly what are you looking forward to?
Top Attractions And Activities Near Cape Town
Top attractions and activities for day trips near Cape Town.
- Find the South Peninsula that stretches from world-famous Chapman’s Peak through Noordhoek and Simonstown to South Africa’s most dramatic stretch of coastline: Cape Point. The “warmer” bays regarding the South Peninsula form a picturesque backdrop to quaint seaside towns like Kalk Bay and Muizenberg, which can make for a wonderful day of vintiquing. Our half-day South Peninsula luxury tour also contains an optional boat trip to Seal Island and a trip to Boulders Beach, home of a distinctive penguin colony.
- Just one hour’s drive through the Table Bay hotel in Cape Town, the estates associated with Cape Winelands are well-known for producing award-winning wines in addition to serving incredible haute cuisine. Set against imposing mountains, the lush valleys of the winelands are yours to discover on a Table Bay hotel Winelands Tour, which include cellar tours and tastings at some of the best wineries in the region.
- Are you aware? The Western Cape attracts a bevy of filmmakers from abroad for the diversity of locations on offer. It is a world of destinations in one single easily accessible province, which makes sense then that the West Coast feels like somewhere out from the Mediterranean. Whitewashed fishing cottages and grey landscapes make up this stretch of shoreline, but come spring, the veld explodes in a burst of colourful wildflowers.
- If you should be in Cape Town during September, make every day of it and set off to Hermanus for many satisfying whale watching.
The Gateway Into The Boland
- The Golden Valley Casino and Lodge offers lots of activities to do in Worcester, from playing slots and tables at most intimate casino when you look at the Western Cape to enjoying regular live entertainment at Winners Sports Bar. Spend the afternoon poolside during the Golden Valley Lodge as the kids are entertained at Harry’s Corner, or make a meal from it at family-friendly Kuipers restaurant.
- The Golden Valley Casino and Lodge also provides the perfect launchpad from where to explore the Boland together with many activities and attractions that this famously hospitable section of the Western Cape is offering. From olive tasting to river rafting, there’s an adventure along with your name about it.
Top Things To Do Near Golden Valley
- With Franschhoek and Paarl just around the corner, you’ve got use of some of the best wine estates in your community, including Babylonstoren. For a unique winelands experience, opt for the hop-on hop-off winelands tram, which chugs past several notable estates. Alternatively, explore the Worcester wine route that forms part of Cape Route 62, the longest wine route on earth.
- Wildlife lovers can go on safari at nearby Big 5 Fairy Glen Private Game Reserve, while botany enthusiasts will like exploring the Karoo Desert National Botanical Gardens, fabled for being truly the only true succulent gardens into the Southern Hemisphere.
- Play a round of golf in the Gary Player-designed Worcester Golf Club, or get the thrills rafting down the Breede River.
The most sought-after tourist attractions in Cape Town are yours to enjoy when sticking with Sun International. Whatever it really is you’re to locate with regards to things you can do in Cape Town, Sun International has you covered with a wide range of activities and experiences.